You may opt out of receiving our emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any email you receive from us or by contacting us (see the “Contact Us” section at the end of this policy). Note, however, that if you opt out of receiving emails related to your current event registrations, you may miss important information or changes relating to the event, for which RFE assumes no responsibility.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information from you in several different ways, including:
- Information You Provide To Us Or Give Us Permission To Obtain
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you provide it to us voluntarily by creating an online account, commenting on a message board, registering for an event, signing up to receive our emails, contacting our customer service team, participating in a sweepstakes, contest or survey, donating to one of our charity partners, applying for a job or otherwise communicating with us.
You also may give us permission to access your information on third party social media sites. For example, you may link your Facebook or Twitter account to our websites, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (e.g., your friends or contacts). The information we obtain from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to keep those updated with your preferred settings.
The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, phone number, zip code, billing address, and any other information you choose to provide.
- Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information when you access the Services or transact business with us, including:
- Transaction Information: When you register for one of our events or services, we collect information about the transaction, such as contact information, registration details and the date and time of the registration.
- Log Data: When you access the Services, our servers automatically record certain data (“Log Data”). Log Data we collect includes, but may not be limited to, Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, browser type, characteristics of your device and software, domain names of your Internet Service Provider, your approximate geographic location, a record of your usage of the Services, the time of your usage, the referring link through which you accessed the Services and aggregated personal data that cannot be used to specifically identify you.
- Device Data: In addition to Log Data, we may also collect information about the device you use to access our sites (“Device Data”), including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you are using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you are using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please consult the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
- Email Communications: When you open emails from us, we may receive a confirmation noting you opened the email (if your computer supports such capabilities). We may also keep track of what emails we send you and what emails you may be receiving from our affiliates (if any).
- Information Collected by Cookies, Pixels and Other Tracking Technologies:
- Web beacons or tracking pixels are small blocks of code on webpages that do things like allow another server to measure viewing of a webpage; they are often used in connection with cookies.
- We may combine this information with other information we collect about you and use it for various purposes, such as improving the Services and your online experience, understanding which areas and features of our sites are popular, counting visits, understanding campaign effectiveness, tailoring our communications with you, determining whether an email has been opened and links within the email have been clicked and for other internal business purposes.
- Google Analytics:
- Information We Collect From Sponsors, Partners And Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. For example, our event sponsors may track visitors to their websites who clicked on a link in an email sent by us and they may share the aggregated data with us.
- Internal Use:
We use your personal information to process your registration and provide you with the above-and-beyond customer service for which we are known. We use your personal information to organize and administer events and, if applicable, to provide results from events. In addition, in our constant effort to seek bottlenecks, we may use your personal information to improve the Services, to improve our marketing efforts directed at new and existing customers and to determine general information about visitors to our websites or applications.
- Communications With You:
We use your personal information to communicate with you about your events (either those for which you have registered or those which you have created), such as to send you a confirmation email when you register for an event and updates relating to that specific event. Also, you may submit your email address to us for a variety of reasons, including, but not limited to: registering for a sweepstakes, contest or survey; requesting that we notify you of new brands, events or products; signing up for newsletters and special offers. If you submit your email address to us, we use it to deliver information to you.
By creating an online account or registering for an event on our website and providing us with your email address, you expressly agree that we may communicate with you in the following ways: (a) provide updates and information relating to your event; (b) promote events that differ from the one for which you originally registered, whether produced by RFE or one of its affiliates, sponsors or partners or another unrelated entity; (c) promote products that differ from those which you have purchased; (d) provide RFE updates and information about RFE’s events or brands; and (e) provide information about the Services.
We may share your information with third parties as follows:
- When vendors, consultants and other service providers need access to information to carry out work on our behalf or help them perform their service;
- When we must provide your credit card number to financial services entities such as credit card processors and issuers;
- To business partners, including sponsors, advertisers or venue owners, who may use the information to provide you with information about other events, products, services, special offers, promotional materials, contests or sweepstakes that may be of interest to you (in accordance with their own privacy policies);
- In response to requests from law enforcement officials conducting investigations; subpoenas; a court order; or if disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the Terms or other policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or any third party;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- To publicize the name, city and state of contest and sweepstakes winners; and
- With your consent or at your discretion.
While we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee complete security. 100% security does not presently exist anywhere online or offline.
IN NO EVENT SHALL RFE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH A THIRD PARY’S UNAUTHORIZED ACCES TO YOUR INFORMATION, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, TORT OR OTHER THEORIES OF LIABILITY, AND ALSO REGARDLESS OF WHETHER RFE WAS GIVEN ACTUAL OR CONSTRUCTIVE NOTICE THAT DAMAGES WERE POSSIBLE. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
The Services are not directed to children and, accordingly, we request that all users be persons over the age of thirteen (13). The Services do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are a parent or guardian who believes that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail at the address below with the subject line “COPPA Information Request” and we will remove the information from our systems.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Your California Privacy Rights: if you live in California and have an established business relationship with us, you may request a list of the personal information we have shared with third parties for their marketing purposes and opt out of having your personal information shared with third parties for marketing purposes. You may make one request per year by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the address in the “Contact Us” section below with the subject line “California Shine The Light.” We will respond within 30 days.
Please note that the Services are operated in the United States and directed towards users who reside in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, you acknowledge that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, storage, processing and transfer of your information in and to the United States.
Red Frog Events
Attn: Privacy Officer
320 W. Ohio St. Ste. 1W
Chicago, IL 60654